PDA

View Full Version : Fade-In Slide Show

Michael
04-19-2005, 06:03 PM
This fade-in slide show works great, but every time I go to a new page on my site, it restarts back at the first image in the rotation. I would like to find out how to keep that rotation of pics going when I go to a new page, without restarting back at the first image..

jscheuer1
04-19-2005, 08:44 PM
That would be pretty hard if not impossible as the script stops when you leave the page. What might be possible is to add a cookie so that the next time the page is loaded it would resume where it left off. I'm somewhat familiar with this script having already modified it to include links and an option to stop after one run through. The problem in adding a cookie would be that this script relies on several variables to produce the fading and sequencing and all would have to be captured and restored with the cookie. This assumes that they would still mean the same thing on a fresh page load that they meant at the time the page closed. If that worked you might be able to include in the cookie the time when the page was closed and subtract that from the current time when the page is reloaded to come up with a value to let you guess where the show would have been had it been going on in the background.