PDA

View Full Version : Adding HTML to an include once it's been loaded.

dog
09-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Hello,

Imagine a menu on a page called "bob.html". One of the links in the menu goes to the very same page, "bob.html".

I want the Bob link to have a class callled "selected" but only on the Bob page. Not on the other pages on which the menu appears.

The problem is the menu is being called from an external ASP file.

So I'm looking for a script that will add "class='selected'" to the relevant link after the HTML from the ASP has arrived.

Make sense? If not please let me know.

Peace.

PS. I started another thread about this in the ASP section but didn't get any response. I hope I'm not breaking the rules by starting another thread but I thought maybe there's a javascript or other scripting solusion that I'm overlooking.

Thanks for any help.

tech_support
09-25-2007, 09:10 AM
I don't know much ASP, but I think using if's and else's would do.

Sorry you didn't get a response last time, not many people do know ASP in this forum, unfortunately.

Twey
09-25-2007, 09:34 AM
PS. I started another thread about this in the ASP section but didn't get any response. I hope I'm not breaking the rules by starting another thread but I thought maybe there's a javascript or other scripting solusion that I'm overlooking.You are -- you should post in the original thread, and if a Javascript solution comes up one of us moderators will move it for you. Still, no harm done.
not many people do know ASP in this forum, unfortunately.jscheuer1 had a look at it at one point, I don't know how far he got.

dog
09-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the responses...
I'll get myself back to the original thread.

Peace!