PDA

View Full Version : Please! hold on with the upload...

hantz
09-23-2007, 06:02 PM
imagine 3 pages...
on the first you collect 2 variable
(for example name and last name, in forms field ofcourse)
on the second page you show the 2 variables from the first page
and collect 2 more variables(for example address and phone number,in forms field too)
and on the 3 page all the data being saved into some database (say sql)

well this is all simple cause we got the basic commands

Code:

request.form
request.querystring
Upload.form

but when the case comes to uploading...
how can i choose a file at the beggining - on the first page (with the browse button)
and carry it with me to the second page, and from there to the third page ,where it will be uploaded

:rolleyes:

insanemonkey
09-23-2007, 06:35 PM
well you have the upload form, find one have it upload the file then make a note of the url and post the url into the database and also request the url from the database, i hope thats right?

then you can show the url..

hantz
09-23-2007, 06:58 PM
the problem is not with the saving url into database but in the uploading itself...
i want for example to browse file c:\wonderland\rome.jpg
this file will be choosen on the first page...
when i will submit the first page we will enter to the second page...but still this file won't be uploaded...and than...when we will submit the second page...and will pass into the third page it will be uploaded...
, how can i delay this upload between pages?

insanemonkey
09-23-2007, 07:30 PM
I have no clue on that but i do understand what you are trying to do, your like verifying the information with the user in a way,

I would goto php.net and look up something like remember variables or sumthin,

I think you could do something with ookies where it saves the cookies and then you can poll from it or sumthin, lol, I hope you figure it out...

hantz
09-23-2007, 07:57 PM
we got
<INPUT TYPE=FILE SIZE=40 NAME="FILE1">
is there a way to control value?
or order "name" and to save it in temp dim before uploading, so we could upload it later...:confused:

hantz
09-25-2007, 04:10 PM
i need to upload my files from the first form and then keep passing the destination path (obtained from File.Path) as a hidden variable to all other forms
but the BIG Question is how to do this?

hantz
09-28-2007, 12:12 AM
tell me about it?:eek:
i got nothing working here besides my lamp!

HOW CAN WE CHECK THE SIZE OF THE FILE BEFORE UPLOADING?
when i'm uploading my files and after a long 90sec it giving me-"file is too large..."
that is so bad and not logical...