PDA

View Full Version : Fade-in Slideshow

naga
04-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Fade-in Slideshow
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

I think this is a great script but is it possible to have the same slideshow more than once on the same webpage. I've tried it and it just ends up with only one of them working. I've been messing around for hours with no success

Naga

ddadmin
04-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately there's no easy way to do this. We'll be updating this script soon, though not for this feature, but an optional link associated with each slide. Perhaps in the update after this...

jscheuer1
04-21-2005, 05:03 AM
There is a simple and effective hack to get two Fade-in slideshow scripts working on 'one page'. The solution is to use three pages! Using two iframes on one page like so:
<html>
<head>
<title>Two Fading Slide Shows - Demo</title>
</head>
<body>
<iframe src="slide_show1.htm" width="145" height="260" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<iframe src="slide_show2.htm" width="145" height="260" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>
</body>
</html>You can adjust the height and width as needed to match the size of each slide show and place each iframe wherever you want in your layout. Then just make up the two slide shows as needed. I've tested this and it works great in IE6 and NS7.2.