PDA

View Full Version : Animated Collapsible DIV

compsci
09-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Hello all,

1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem:

Can Someone please help me to get this to work for multiple divs. I would like to have 3 of these effects on my page. But just renaming the divs will not work i guess?!

Thanks all, I appreciate any help :)

compsci
09-15-2007, 04:39 PM
[RESOLVED] - Sorry i just realised how to do this. :)

compsci
09-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Hello all,

I've got another problem! I have tried to hide a flash player in the divs. In Intenet explorer it hides it properly and it shows it well. But in firefox, i doesn't seem to hide the flash players at all :( , can someone tell me why or how i can fix this?

Thanks all, I appreciate any help.

jscheuer1
09-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Most likely you have a compound Flash tag (object/embed) with the object portion having a param wmode with the value transparent. You need to also have an attribute for the embed tag:

<embed wmode="transparent" . . .

Follow the detailed information at:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14201

Or, if this short version (good in most cases) fixes it, so much the better! Add in this language to your object/embed tag:

Add the following parameter to the OBJECT tag:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

Add the following attribute to the EMBED tag:

wmode="transparent"

Or, if you are using two object tags, as can and is sometimes done, add the param tag to both of them.

If you are using script to generate the tags (as is frequently done to avoid the 'click to activate' feature in some browsers), the wmode transparent must be passed to the script. This is easily accomplished but, varies depending upon the sort of script one uses. Some scripts do it automatically.

compsci
09-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Most likely you have a compound Flash tag (object/embed) with the object portion having a param wmode with the value transparent. You need to also have an attribute for the embed tag:

<embed wmode="transparent" . . .

Thank you jscheuer1 - it worked perfectly! :)

Dazza30
09-18-2007, 10:35 PM
[RESOLVED] - Sorry i just realised how to do this. :)

How did you solve the Div problem.

compsci
11-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Although the above problem was solved. I now have a slight variation of the problem!

1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV v2.01

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem:

I am trying to hide an swf (Flash object) in a div. When a hyperlink is pressed the div will slide down and show the swf. However, when sliding down, the div slides but the Flash Object just appears straight away whilst the div is sliding down! The same for the sliding up. It disappears quickly and while the div is still sliding up!

How can I remedy this?! Please help :)

compsci
11-17-2008, 10:52 PM
I have just noticed it works perfectly in IE7 but not in FireFox 3.0.4?! I thought it would of worked on Firefox and not IE!

Is there a way I can change certain things so that it fully supports FireFox 3?

Thanks for any help or direction. :)