PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink Drop Down Menu IE

CryingGlassEyes
04-16-2005, 09:11 PM
AnyLink Drop Down Menu IE
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

Right now, I'm in the process of making a meth recovery site. For reference, here is the url: http://www.themethexperience.cjb.net

I've formated the anylink drop down menu into my sidebar. I realize that some of the links that are two lines long (example: "Meth Manufacturing") display the same menu in two spots when you go over them. I'm going to fix that by making the meth manufacturing all one image.

The menus always seem to show up right under the images I'm using as the links. I'd like to know if there is a way to make the menu's show up to the right of the links instead of underneath them. I'm not very knowledgeable with this kind of programming, and any help would be much appreciated! :)

Dynamic Drive has always provided me with awesome scripts that I love to use. I'd like to get this figured out because it would make my site look that much better. I'll definately have to add a link back to dynamic drive in my thank you page. :)

Thanks in advance!

CryingGlassEyes

CryingGlassEyes
04-17-2005, 01:18 AM
whoops... lol, I thought I should mention this since you can't physically see what I'm going to be talking about on the site yet. The meth manufacture link will NOT show people how to make it. It will simply list what common things go into meth (what people are putting into their bodies) and things about how bad meth labs and such are. I said this is a recovery site, but I feel I didn't make myself clear enough. :)

Thanks again!

CryingGlassEyes

jscheuer1
04-17-2005, 04:11 AM
OK, simple remedy, hopefully you will like the result. Find the line in the script that says:
dropmenuobj.style.left=dropmenuobj.x-clearbrowseredge(obj, "rightedge")+"px"Change it to this:
dropmenuobj.style.left=dropmenuobj.x-clearbrowseredge(obj, "rightedge")+150+"px"This looked good to me but, as you may change things, the number 150 may be increased to get the drop menus farther to the right or decreased to move them farther to the left.

CryingGlassEyes
04-17-2005, 12:09 PM
That does exactly what I wanted it to. Once I make the images in my sidebar all the same width, the menus should appear at the same distance with each of them. :) Thanks a ton!

CryingGlassEyes