PDA

View Full Version : Animated Collapsible DIV: IE7 Persistance Problem

bigd
09-10-2007, 07:15 PM
1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem:

I'm having an issue where IE7 won't adhere to the "enable persistence" variable within this script (everything else works fine). What's weird is that my browser adheres perfectly to this variable on the original script example page here on DD but not within my own pages. Mozilla works both here and on my site perfectly. I'm left wondering what code or settings reside on my page/site that makes IE7 not want to play nice. I haven't touched the original .js file and I've followed the tutorial true to form. Our site scripting language is PHP - this script is being used within a form to show/hide optional elements (not sure if the form elements have anything to do with it, but you never know). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jscheuer1
09-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Validate your generated source code to at least HTML 4.01 Transitional.

bigd
09-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks John -

I validated my particular page and got only a few minor warnings (in fact, my page got far fewer warnings than the original script example page received when I validated it). Are there any specific warnings or errors which would prove to cause IE7-only problems like this? Since neither my page nor the DD page pass validation 100%, there must be some other explanation.

Again, I appreciate the help.

jscheuer1
09-12-2007, 03:52 AM
Well you need to validate to at least the DOCTYPE I mentioned. In IE, without a valid DOCTYPE in the served code with nothing before it, this script can have all sorts of problems.

Of course, some errors will not matter, but might as well fix them all. There could be other problems. If you need more help:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.