PDA

View Full Version : Drop down menu issue

grace422
04-16-2005, 02:50 PM
I am having a strange problem with the location of the drop down menu

On this page: http://www.graspinc.com/products/works-overview.htm
the menu works correctly

On this page: http://www.graspinc.com/products/whats-new.htm
the menu appears in the top left of the page. I have created all the pages from the same template. They all use the same menu script. I can not figure out what the problem is. The menu works on about half the pages, with the same error on the rest of them

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jscheuer1
04-17-2005, 05:29 AM
The menu actually works fine on both examples or poorly on both examples. What causes it to work or not work is the width of the window that the page is displayed in. One thing I noticed in the documentation that you did not strictly adhere to and that might cause a problem is:
Height
Number- The pixelheight of the element.
Must have a value for each element that ends with 1 (Menu1, Menu5_3_1) In all other elements this may be 0.
Elements in a vertical column may have different heights, all elements in a horizontal row get the height of the first element in that row

Width
Number- The pixelwidth of the element.
Must have a value for each element that ends with 1 (Menu1, Menu5_3_1) In all other elements this may be 0.
Elements in a horizontal row may have different widths, all elements in a vertical column get the width of the first element in that columnInstead of zero, you have simply put nothing at all. Fixing this might help fix your problem.

also:
var SecLineFrame='space'; // Frame where sub levels appear
var DocTargetFrame='space'; // Frame where target documents appearboth of these should be set to 'self' for your set up.

Those are just a few things I noticed right away, there could be others. Why not go over it yourself if these don't do it.

It is possible that once everything is as it is supposed to be things may still not work, then your menu is simply too wide.