PDA

View Full Version : Hosting Services

Rockonmetal
09-08-2007, 04:28 AM
I'm not so sure about this being in the right section but mods you can move it (well you its not like i can stop you...)
So right now i am with this hosting service called
Gisol. Global internet solutions something something... lol
The problem with it is that the max file size upload is 2 mb... my site is a major upload hub *almost like youtube but not as famous, YET!*
so I need about a 10+ mb max file size upload. meaning that i and my users can upload videos that are larger than 10 mb or are 10mb.

Anyone got any advice or experiance with this:
oh
I already got a domain name...
its gotta be php, asp, and mysql compatable
ability to have custom mailboxes...
and other usual stuff

thanks

boogyman
09-08-2007, 03:12 PM
if there is a restriction put on by the host, than there is nothing you can do... except get a new host :))

thetestingsite
09-08-2007, 03:52 PM
if there is a restriction put on by the host, than there is nothing you can do... except get a new host

... or your own Virtual Private Server or Dedicated Server. You can find some for around $30/month and the performance is excellent. Plus you control how you run the server and whatnot.

Hope this helps.

GothyStitch
09-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm not so sure about this being in the right section but mods you can move it (well you its not like i can stop you...)
So right now i am with this hosting service called
Gisol. Global internet solutions something something... lol
The problem with it is that the max file size upload is 2 mb... my site is a major upload hub *almost like youtube but not as famous, YET!*
so I need about a 10+ mb max file size upload. meaning that i and my users can upload videos that are larger than 10 mb or are 10mb.

Anyone got any advice or experiance with this:
oh
I already got a domain name...
its gotta be php, asp, and mysql compatable
ability to have custom mailboxes...
and other usual stuff

thanks

As long as you don't have ****, I would suggest using http://www.mysitespace.com

They are cheap, they have excellent support, great packages, and I haven't had a problem yet with uploading large files (largest I've uploaded through my site was over 1gb in size)

Rockonmetal
09-08-2007, 05:45 PM
As long as you don't have ****, I would suggest using http://www.mysitespace.com

lol, no my site doesn't contain ****... it contains funny videos lol
i've been searching a round a bit and tech_support told me about

www.fusedhosting.net
its pretty cheap service $4 month for a shared package...