PDA

View Full Version : DHTML Window Widget & CSS

GothyStitch
09-07-2007, 07:30 PM
1) Script Title: DHTML Window Widget 1.03

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/

3) Describe problem:

I'm hoping that this widget will allow me to work around the compatibility problems I'm having with IE and FireFox/Opera. But I'm not knowledgable enough to understand how to setup the CSS that I am supposed to use with the widget and the existing CSS that I have in use on my site.

I am pretty certain that I cannot use two different CSS on a single page, and I'm not certain how to combine the two without causing problems.

Any suggestions?

ddadmin
09-08-2007, 07:09 AM
What compatibility issues are you having? You can have multiple CSS file references on the same page, for example:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="windowfiles/dhtmlwindow.css" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="mycssfile.css" type="text/css" />

GothyStitch
09-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh, heh! I wasn't aware that I could have more than one CSS reference. Thanks ddadmin!

As for compatability issues, in FF/Opera things look fine, but in IE7 spacing is off, there's a gap in between the top image and the rest of the page, and what I was needing to find a workaround for was popups. I use them for certain forms on the site so that the surfer isn't taken away from the site to fill out a quick "Contact" form. But in IE7 it opens the popups in a new tab instead of a new window. I'm hoping that by using the DHTML Windows that I can continue to use the popups for that purpose.

I know the simple solution would be to instruct the surfers on how to change the "New Tab" setting in IE, but I think it would be better to just use a different method in order to bring up these forms.