PDA

View Full Version : Keylogger, tracker, thingy

Rockonmetal
09-04-2007, 02:44 AM
What ever you call a program that sends an email of what ever your typing to a certain person... *who happens to be my dad* but! i have just recieved an email, saying I changed my paypal account password today, when i did it 3 weeks ago, and I recieved an email 3 weeks ago saying i did... I deleted my paypal account, *via phone* and now I am not doing anything till I get this thing off...
I talked to my dad, but he won't take it off, i think its called Etracker or Eblaster... is there a certain software that I could use to get this thing off... because seriously help... thank god all my passwords are different...

i downloaded regcure which did a swipe of my computer but didn't find anything... please someone HELP!!! or I may never be able to get payed!!!!!!!!!!!

tech_support
09-04-2007, 10:21 AM
LMAO.
Why the hell would your Dad put a keylogger onto your system? Sounds stupid to me. At least I have rights to my own computer :p

You have four options.

1. Re-install Windows/Format your computer and install at least avast!
2. Install Linux - Keyloggers/Trojans etc. NEVER EVER EVER get into your computer.
3. Tell your Dad off.
4. Buy a new laptop.

boogyman
09-04-2007, 01:23 PM
2. Install Linux - Keyloggers/Trojans etc. NEVER EVER EVER get into your computer.
thats not true. its more difficult to do because most of the keyloggers / trojans out were designed for Windows based systems, but that does not mean that they could not be installed onto a linux machine.

Twey
09-04-2007, 04:25 PM
That's true, a keylogger wouldn't even need root access, just the account that's running X. It would be a lot easier to detect and remove than on a Windows system, though, since it wouldn't be able to hide itself effectively without root (and with SELinux, not even then).

Rockonmetal
09-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok, unfortunitly tech_support options 1,3,4 are almost impossible as for the following reasons:
1. Its not my computer *my dad bought it for me*
2. If i tell him off he takes it away *because its his*
3. I can't re-install windows cuz my dad is the holder of the software...

But option 2 sounded pretty interesting
Linux systems, whats the major difference, i need my laptop to be able to be used at school like for taking notes and stuff...

boogyman
09-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Why the hell would your Dad put a keylogger onto your system? Sounds stupid to me
parents use keyloggers in an attempt to see what their kid is doing while on the net. It offers more security than just watching the child over his/her shoulder, because it has the appearance like no one is watching, when really every stroke of your fingers is being logged, and then accessed by the other person. I believe this was the original intent for "keyloggers", but was adapted for malicious use at a later date.

Linux systems, whats the major difference, i need my laptop to be able to be used at school like for taking notes and stuff...
Linux is another type of Operating System, you are probably aware of Mac(Macintosh) / and obviously PC(windows).
well one, Linux Distributions are FREE, however it is much less "user" friendly then a Windows-Based system. An advantage is that the majority of virus' and malware have been designed to attack windows based-systems, so chances of you being affected by one is less, but at the same time, installing new programs is the simple click on the "executable" file.
If you do a search on google I am sure you will be able to find multitudinous resources comparing different systems and the pros/cons of each

lainlives
09-04-2007, 08:41 PM
goto run type msconfig
goto startup and list everything that has a check by it then post it here or if you worry your dad will find out post screenshots

boogyman
09-04-2007, 09:32 PM
goto run type msconfig
goto startup and list everything that has a check by it then post it here or if you worry your dad will find out post screenshots

you could uncheck all of those processes, hit apply and reboot. then theonly ones that will start are your critical applications... this is much like running "safe mode" in windows.

lainlives
09-04-2007, 09:35 PM
well if he has some software he needs (my pc MUST have rundll.exe dnda.dll or i get bsod's) he would be screwed

boogyman
09-04-2007, 09:50 PM
mine does too, but those are mandatory processes, so they will automatically start upon reboot.

Twey
09-04-2007, 10:08 PM
parents use keyloggers in an attempt to see what their kid is doing while on the net. It offers more security than just watching the child over his/her shoulder, because it has the appearance like no one is watching, when really every stroke of your fingers is being logged, and then accessed by the other person. I believe this was the original intent for "keyloggers", but was adapted for malicious use at a later date.If one doesn't consider that a malicious use in the first place. There are certain values that should be passed on to a growing child, both moral and practical; distrust of strangers and respect for privacy are two examples of such. If a parent feels that his/her child is of a mindset that is vulnerable to Internet predators, then the solution is to fix that mindset, not to abuse his/her power to take control of the child's Internet activities. There are predators offline too who would attempt to take advantage of that mindset, and no matter how hard one tries it isn't possible to keep one's child out of all possible situations where they might come into contact with such a person, short, perhaps, of locking said child in a large steel room and never letting him/her out.

It's the difference between giving a starving man a fish or a fishing net. The fish might fix this one particular instance of the problem, but it's liable to come up again, perhaps when the benefactor is not there to provide another fish. The fishing net gives the man the ability to solve the problem by himself, thus eliminating the problem entirely.

Rockonmetal
09-04-2007, 11:01 PM
It's the difference between giving a starving man a fish or a fishing net. The fish might fix this one particular instance of the problem, but it's liable to come up again, perhaps when the benefactor is not there to provide another fish. The fishing net gives the man the ability to solve the problem by himself, thus eliminating the problem entirely.

Ok, i get that... I want the fishing net... so I can uh idk take
btw heres everything loading on startup

And btw my dad put it on there because he wants to know what I'm saying, and 2 to make sure i'm not swearing and .... lol but its really disturbing because now I know someone knows a ton of stuff...

thanks!

Twey
09-05-2007, 12:14 AM
It's none of those. It may not be running as a separate process: it may be a kernel-level logger.

Rockonmetal
09-05-2007, 07:50 PM
It's none of those. It may not be running as a separate process: it may be a kernel-level logger.
I talked to my dad, he says it only goes through or runs off the network but I doubt it because my dad doesn't have experiance with (html, little js, flash, php, and css like i do) though he knows some stuff...

Twey
09-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Programs can't run off a network. The network is the sum of the computers that compose it, it has to be running on one of those machines.

lainlives
09-05-2007, 11:14 PM
k try going to services and list those (you can uncheck qttask that just uses up memory and lets you know that apple is still in the computer buisness)

Aeroblur102
09-10-2007, 10:38 PM
You guys are making a very easy problem very hard...
your solution to this is put your own keylogger on..
yes its that simple... your dad must come by to check it eventaly...
most keyloggers you just type a code that brings up the menu and then you log in from their... with your own keylogger you find out the code and his username and password... its really simple..
its all about thinking around the box... ;)

and by the way mr twey your wrong.. computer can do and run programs off of a network..
for instance on most goverment computer to log into the network the computer does not have any hard drive usb or any other means of saving info they are plugged into a network.. when the computer is plugged in it gos and finds its OS..
as an IT professional you should know all about this

Twey
09-10-2007, 11:26 PM
You guys are making a very easy problem very hard...
your solution to this is put your own keylogger on..
yes its that simple... your dad must come by to check it eventaly...
most keyloggers you just type a code that brings up the menu and then you log in from their... with your own keylogger you find out the code and his username and password... its really simple.. Really simple if the keylogger is only accessed locally, yes. If it sends its data to another machine on the network for access, or emails it to his dad's account, perhaps, as most keyloggers do nowadays, it becomes more complex.
and by the way mr twey your wrong.. computer can do and run programs off of a network..
for instance on most goverment computer to log into the network the computer does not have any hard drive usb or any other means of saving info they are plugged into a network.. when the computer is plugged in it gos and finds its OS..
as an IT professional you should know all about thisIt doesn't run off a vague entity known as "the network," it runs off a server. That server is a machine on the network. As I said,
it has to be running off one of those machines.More importantly, here, there has to be client software installed somewhere on the client machine. In the case of an OS, this client software is stored in the ROM; for our keylogger, however, it is very unlikely that this is the case, and the client software is probably stored within the OS somewhere.

Freeman
09-12-2007, 07:16 AM
I am curious as to how you found out that he had a key logger? And the previous quote about installing your own key logger, Did you consider that all keystrokes would be logged and sent to his dad anyway? So you put a password on it, make it a strange key combination to open the program, so what. He will know how to get into it and turn it off, uninstall it, or change the password and have two key loggers. I do like those programs, they are handy when dealing with a network at a high school. I was network administrator. I used those to find out how they were putting games on the computers. I think the Linux idea is the most likely to work, or work for something good to come out of it.

Freeman
09-12-2007, 07:17 AM
Twey, Modtoreador What is this supposed to mean? Are you starting to make your own words? Just because you know so much and have posted so many times, I don't think you should get to be able to make up your own words. I also hope that isn't a real word, otherwise I will look like the fool. :)

Twey
09-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Haha, credit goes to John for the idea, but I liked it so I snitched it. It's a cross between "moderator" and "toreador," a bullfighter (in English only; the Spanish is "torero").

codeexploiter
09-12-2007, 07:41 AM
http://wskills.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-to-find-fight-keyloggers.html.

You can use a firewall to restrict the unidentified Internet transactions from your system. Like the keylogger has to send the data to its owner na.

You can check your active process using http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml (Sometimes you may not find any malicious process as most of the good keyloggers hide themselves).

tech_support
09-12-2007, 07:43 AM
You can check your active process using http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml (Sometimes you may not find any malicious process as most of the good keyloggers hide themselves).

You could use Safe Mode to see all processes running with that.

Twey
09-12-2007, 07:44 AM
But as I've already mentioned, if it's a kernel-level hook it most likely won't have its own process.

tech_support
09-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Try installing and downloading this (http://www.resplendence.com/hookanalyzer). Run it, then post the details of the items in red.

Twey
09-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Ooh, handy tool. *downloads*

codeexploiter
09-12-2007, 09:58 AM
You could use Safe Mode to see all processes running with that.
The product I've specified now has lots of other features and now from Microsoft's Website (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/processexplorer.mspx) users can download it.

Why would anybody wants to switch to Safe Mode if the same can be achieved in a non Safe Mode :)

Following are two Hook based Antikeyloggers

http://psmantikeyloger.sourceforge.net/prod01.htm

http://www.snoopfree.com/

Rockonmetal
09-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Try installing and downloading this (http://www.resplendence.com/hookanalyzer). Run it, then post the details of the items in red.

I ran it but there are no items in red...

Rockonmetal
09-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Ok codeexploiter i ran the PSMantikeylogger and i got nothing...

Heres some info about the keylogger i know about:
every certain amount of hours it sends a lengthy email to my dad with the log... I have a feeling it sends an email to the creator also...

TimFA
09-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Same problem here man. Check out wannawiki.org (or .com) it has some info I believe. Mines called WatchDog, it doesn't keylog just records all urls. I don't mind it to much, it sucketh though. Try checking inside Program Files for a folder fo rit, or in Windows directory and clear whatever file it logs to. Or you can use a program if you know where the .exe is. Here. (http://noeld.com/programs.asp) Top program, although keyloggers are slightly different, so I can't be sure. I've had Naomi internet filtering, and some other one which I bypassed with those methods. The second was MUCH harder. This one uses some type of server interface to catch my internet if the programs not responding on mine theres no internet. :( I can't find what setting is doing it, I have a feeling its on the router. These might have already been suggested.

Rockonmetal
10-06-2007, 02:04 AM
K i know what its called now!
ITS CALLED!
eBlaster...
How do I get it off, I tried the site... it doesn't tell how to remove...

Twey
10-06-2007, 02:27 AM
http://www.spywareremove.com/removeeBlaster.html

boxxertrumps
10-15-2007, 03:21 AM
What happens when your father notices the keylogger's report have stopped?

djr33
10-15-2007, 03:24 AM
As far as I'm concerned, your dad is probably wrong in this case to be spying on you like that. Regardless of his trust in you, that's not the right way to go about it. I'd say he should just disallow you use of the computer if you really need that close monitoring (not to say this is the case-- I don't know).
However, yeah.... it will be just a little obvious that it's... gone :p