PDA

View Full Version : Fire Virus... thingy... HELP!

Rockonmetal
09-02-2007, 04:24 AM
Ok I got this problem with my computer... every like 10-20 minutes that its inactive it does this...
ok its right there... its an attachment... I saw an advertisement online that said "DO you wanna watch a computer BURN!" and then i was like "SURE!" and it took me to this site, then this other site, I didn't fill out any forms but then i finally watched the video and at the end MY COMPUTER CAUGHT FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok, yeah... lol, sorry its ok, can someone help me? though it doesn't look like its hurting anything... its a really cool effect... and i think i pressed ctrl-alt-f once just messing around and again my comp caught on fire... really cool effect to bad it might be a virus...
OH! And before you say scan... uh, me no scan, cuz me no security on comp because it don't make life easy... *basicly my computer don't got any security system/program cuz they all ask me "Do you want to do this?" when i really need it lol... its like "No, thanks for catching me though!" but really when i click yes, it asks me again, thats why i don't have security systems... because there a major pain...
thanks!

boxxertrumps
09-02-2007, 04:33 AM
Haha, oh wow.

Did you download anything, or was it automatic?

thetestingsite
09-02-2007, 04:35 AM
It looks like an old screen saver I used to have, but if it is a virus you may have to reformat and reinstall your OS. Other than that, no clue. Also, you may want to get some sort of antivirus/anitspyware programs so that you can be protected against similar things in the future.

Hope this helps.

lainlives
09-02-2007, 04:47 AM
HAA LOL

sorry

press alt+f4 it goes away

Rockonmetal
09-02-2007, 04:48 AM
I don't like anti-virus software, lol, its annoying to upkeep, you say it was a screensaver, ok, i'll be fine, cuz i back up my stuff onto an encrypted hardrive everyday which i don't know how i'm going to get it off lol cuz the encryption key is encrypted it self... lol... but if its a screen saver *which i think it is* it probably is harmless...

lainlives
09-02-2007, 04:55 AM
Tell me where you got this it looks fun.

Its a great screensaver

Rockonmetal
09-02-2007, 05:29 AM
idk, but i just found out!
its called FANTASTIC FLAME!

Twey
09-02-2007, 12:30 PM
And before you say scan... uh, me no scan, cuz me no security on comp because it don't make life easy... *basicly my computer don't got any security system/program cuz they all ask me "Do you want to do this?" when i really need it lol... its like "No, thanks for catching me though!" but really when i click yes, it asks me again, thats why i don't have security systems... because there a major pain..."Doctor, now I know I have smallpox, but I don't want any cures because they're annoying, just make it go away!"
"I've been burgled Officer, I don't know how they got in but I don't have any locks on my doors or windows because it's a major pain having to lock and unlock them all the time!"

I shudder to think how infested your machine must be. Accepting files from Rockonmetal is not a good idea, folks :-P

lainlives
09-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I have no security programs either, for they are annoying, if there is a problem i check startup, services, and the \system32\ dir. if anythings odd i fix it, if there is an odd .dll in the system32 dir i also scan the registry to stop it from trying to load it

techno_race
09-02-2007, 03:26 PM
My computer will catch anything nasty.
I have noticed that most antivirus programs are annoying, but...well...try avast!

Twey
09-02-2007, 03:28 PM
And if the threat loads a driver that hides all its files? Or even just loads its data into an ADS on a normal file? A human really can't keep up with modern threats, even if it's a 24-hour job. Automated tools are required to be even reasonably secure.

lainlives
09-02-2007, 04:10 PM
i never had a problem

if that happens i would jet reinstall windows, i got oem hardware

Twey
09-02-2007, 04:36 PM
You've no idea if it's happened or not. Something could be using your machine to send spam right now, or idling on an IRC channel waiting for the command to turn your machine into a zombie.

lainlives
09-02-2007, 05:01 PM
tch, im not connected to the network like 99.8% of the computers up time, so who cares, and besides if i dont notice a problem in the bandwidth, i wont care

Twey
09-02-2007, 05:27 PM
im not connected to the network like 99.8% of the computers up time, so who caresAverage infection time for a Windows machine without any protection is around seventeen minutes, I think.
and besides if i dont notice a problem in the bandwidth, i wont careOf course. Who cares if someone else has full control over your machine? Hope you don't store any sensitive data on there :)

lainlives
09-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Who cares if someone else has full control over your machine? Hope you don't store any sensitive data on there :)

Who keeps sensitive data on their computers? Always seemed stupid to me.

boxxertrumps
09-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Who keeps sensitive data on their computers?The government.

Always seemed stupid to me.I stand by my first statement.

jscheuer1
09-03-2007, 09:03 AM
As far as sensitive data goes, you might not even be aware. That program/image/audio/video file you have that you don't actually own, that's sensitive data. If found, it could be grounds for prosecution.

Then there is the matter of cached data if you do any kind of online transactions and/or have access to any site requiring login.

Not to mention just stuff about you and/or that gives clues about you. It is virtually impossible to use a computer for anything interesting without leaving some kind of trace of your presence, which in certain hands could be used for who knows what.