PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.51): Disable Left Mouse Click

kitersin
08-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Script URL: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

I am using this script with the mouse over option disabled. Is it possible to disable left clicking the images in the slideshow (I do not have the images linking to anything).

tech_support
08-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Sure. Just don't put any links in the array, Like in fadeimages[0]: fadeimages[0]=["photo1.jpg", "", ""] //plain image syntax

kitersin
08-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks so much! I removed
"", "" earlier when working on the script and forgot that I needed to replace it. I was almost pulling my hair out. :)

peebs24
08-27-2007, 01:42 PM
I am new to scripts and have been using the ultimate fader script to learn on.
I have manged to get it to work on my html page with the script imbedded in the code. My next try was to put the script into an external file and get it o work that way. Problem:- the ultimate fader is in effect two scripts - the first is the bit that goes in the <head> and the secon is the bit that goes in the <body> I can run the entire script from a separate .js file but then it is all in the <head> section. If I just run the first part of the script from a separate .js file into the <head> section and leave the second part imbedded in the html file I get errors when i try to run it like fadeshow not declared etc.
How do I run a two part script from a separate .js file? I tried leaving part of the html that goes between the 2 parts of the script in the .js file but that was a disaster!!
Any help will be appreciated by a newbie!!
Peter

kitersin
08-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Maybe this thread will help you:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21281&highlight=slideshow

peebs24
08-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for your reply Kiterson.
Your link doesn't address the fact that there are 2 parts to the script - one in the <head> and one in the <body>. If you call the .js file from the <head> then the <body> bit doesn't work. I tried just putting the long <head> part into the external .js file and leaving the short <body> part embedded but that doesn't work because when the <head> bit gets to the end it doesn't leave any refs for the <body> bit to work on, hence the error messages.
many thanks,
Peter