PDA

View Full Version : Change scroll from vert to horizontal

ZippyP
08-26-2007, 02:50 AM
1) Script Title: Page Scroller (aka Custom Scrollbar)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/pagescroller.htm

3) Describe problem: No Problem, works great. This is something I have been looking for quite some time.

Just looking for a modification of the script. I would like to have the scroll go < left / right > instead of up / down.:confused:

This script seems to work in Firefox on the site demo but the copy and pasted script does not work locally or on my test site with FireFox. It has been pasted into the correct section of the html. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ZP

jscheuer1
08-26-2007, 03:47 AM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6897

ZippyP
08-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Hello John

Thank you very much for the help. Are you the fellow that wrote this script?
I have this in an IFrame to move its content left and right. It works great.:D For the time being I used text instead of an image for the arrows. In IE it acts a bit strange though, the text is not visible until you hover over the area where the containing table for the Left Right text is positioned. Typical IE. FireFox is fine. The text Left right comes up right away.

This is the way I modified the table section. I have also tried the Class (.style2) in the <td.... section on both left and right with the same IE effect. Even without the style it still acts strange in IE.

.style2 {
color: #FF9933;
font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
font-size: 18px;
font-weight: bold;
}

</head>

---------------------------------------------------------------

<body>

<table class="style2" id="staticbuttons" style="position:absolute; cursor: pointer; left: 312px; top: 570px; width: 266px; height: 49px;">
<tr><td width="87" >&nbsp;<a onmouseover="myspeed=-thespeed" onmouseout="myspeed=0">LEFT</a></td>
<td width="57">&nbsp;<a onmouseover="myspeed=thespeed" onmouseout="myspeed=0">RIGHT</a></td>
</tr></table>

Thanks again

ZP