PDA

View Full Version : how do i make a post comment form without php?

Raztat
08-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey how do I make somting like this?

http://www.zimmertech.com/tutorials/php/25/comment-form-script-tutorial.php

I cant use php, the hosting service i use is on a windows platform. How would i be able to make a post comment form with out php?

djr33
08-24-2007, 12:40 AM
You need some server side language.

PHP, ASP, JSP, Python, CGI, etc. If your host doesn't allow any, then, sorry, just can't work. Get a better host.

Raztat
08-24-2007, 05:24 AM
asp is allowed thanks

Twey
08-24-2007, 08:06 AM
I cant use php, the hosting service i use is on a windows platform.PHP runs on Windows as well (although why anyone would want a Windows server, I've no idea).

Rockonmetal
08-24-2007, 05:11 PM
HOLY MOLY THATS A TON OF CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, all i say is, use asp, because i think ASP was designed by Microsoft? I'm not so sure...

Twey
08-24-2007, 05:35 PM
HOLY MOLY THATS A TON OF CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Most of it's HTML and comments :)
all i say is, use asp, because i think ASP was designed by Microsoft?Why is that a reason to use ASP? If anything it's an incentive to avoid it: it costs lots of money to have a platform on which it works (unless you intend to write all your ASP scripts in Perl). Besides, this is Microsoft, the company that gave us Internet Explorer :p

Rockonmetal
08-24-2007, 05:59 PM
ok, well i just know he has a windows server, which is made by Microsoft right (last time i checked), and Microsoft made asp (i think cuz they got 900 different programs that deal with it, so they must have made it) and it might be the best choice, although i haven't tried using asp yet i'm going to start...

djr33
08-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Everyone should use Windows (Vista of course), Internet Explorer, MS Word, MS Paint, Frontpage, Access, and ASP?
Yep. You're trapped in the Microsoft marketing web. It's powerful and influential, but you can resist!

Twey
08-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Heh.

Rocksonmetal, ASP isn't that bad, but VBScript (the default language for it) is. VBScript is an absolute horror. ASP has now rather been upstaged by its younger sibling ASP.NET. ASP.NET, at least using C#, is cross-platform portable thanks to Mono. Classic ASP, however, is not; it doesn't even run on other servers on Windows (and IIS is a poor excuse for a server; bear in mind, too, that Linux and other UNIX-based OSes have the upper hand in the server market), and I suspect Microsoft will send it to the Graveyard of Obsolete Software soon enough. Learning it now is not a good career move (although why am I complaining? You'd be generating more income for me on down the line when your clients realise that if they want to run anything other than IIS, they've got to either pay $500 for Chilisoft or get someone to translate it all for them :)).

boogyman
08-24-2007, 08:48 PM
although why am I complaining? You'd be generating more income for me on down the line

haha, yah why are you complaining!