PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink Vertical submenu placement

RKFcomputers
08-22-2007, 09:26 PM
1) Script Title: AnyLink CSS Vertical Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/anylinkcss2.htm

3) Describe problem: When you mouse over any of the bullet points the submenu items appear on the furthest right of the screen, well away from the list.

Example page:
http://en.sofinafoods.com/careers/job-postings/brampton-on.php
This site is in development and password protected. user/pass = sofina/sofina

Appreciate the help! We plan on putting a second menu on the left side of the page, once we get this sorted out with the first menu.

ddadmin
08-23-2007, 07:26 AM
The reason is because of the UL containing the anchor links that activate the drop down menus- it is quite wide. You can see this visually by giving the UL a background color:

<ul class="navlist" style="background-color: lightyellow">

I assume the class="navlist" you've assigned it is giving it an explicit width- remove that so the text links dictate the width themselves.

BTW, please note that your page is currently in violation of our usage terms, since the credit notice doesn't appear inline on the page. Please reinstate the credit notice:

RKFcomputers
08-23-2007, 12:55 PM
The reason is because of the UL containing the anchor links that activate the drop down menus- it is quite wide. You can see this visually by giving the UL a background color:

<ul class="navlist" style="background-color: lightyellow">

I assume the class="navlist" you've assigned it is giving it an explicit width- remove that so the text links dictate the width themselves.

BTW, please note that your page is currently in violation of our usage terms, since the credit notice doesn't appear inline on the page. Please reinstate the credit notice:

Thanks! I got so caught up in searching the JS code I missed the UL width. So simple.

The "navlist" class is part of the standard script I got from DD, but I'll add a width setting.

You're correct - the page is still in development, but it will launch with the appropriate credit notice.

Thanks!