PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling Upwards?

muddybloke
08-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I've been tasked with looking for a website which scrolls upwards!?

The client basically wants a long page (not too long) that starts at the bottom and you can scroll up - like walking into a building and scrolling up the levels i suppose. And having a menu bar on the side that scroll up with it.

My question is - is there a script out there that could give this affect? - I imagine you could use some sort of anchor link - but could this be messy if all the content had to load first? I could do it in flash, but was after an alternative for a css based site.

thanks for any feedback

Muddy

Sliight
08-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Heh, you already gave yourself the answer that I was thinking of... an auto load page script that sends you to an anchor at the bottom. Like you said, if the page loads slow it could look a bit odd... I've never heard of anyone wanting to do this personally, and I can't imagine there are many sites out there who fight the norm in this way. Then again, a page loading regardless of starting at the bottom or top will look the same... they either load fast, or they don't...

djr33
08-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Only thing I can think of is a chat or some sort of log, where the most recent (and most looked at) data is near the bottom, and the old stuff is at the top.
Weird, but not impossible.

Anchor should work, or there are ways in javascript, but that might be complex as you don't necessarily know the length of the page without some work.

muddybloke
08-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Cheers,

I suppose I'll mock one up with content and see how the anchor idea works.

The reason the client wants to do this - is because they havent seen it done b4 - which usually means for that its for a good reason! :-)

It will no doubt turn out completely different if it seems impractical.

thanks again