PDA

View Full Version : Drop down menu w/ description

Xen Arcade
08-20-2007, 01:24 PM
1) Script Title: Drop down menu w/ description

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/combodescribe.htm

3) Describe problem: this menu will not show up for me in ie7. It works fine in netscape 9, and in ff 1, but is non-existent in ie7. I am very new to web design, only knowing enough to manage the script, and my site isn't finished yet so I can't link you to it. I've tried enabling scripts with ie7, but it hasn't worked. If there is anything else I can do to make this easier I would try to do it. If there is anything anyone could do to make seeing my website on ie7 I, and everyone who helped me work on it would be very grateful!

Thank-you,

Xen Arcade.

jscheuer1
08-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Does the demo page (on dynamic drive) work for you in IE 7? It does here.

Xen Arcade
08-20-2007, 04:50 PM
On rechecking the link I gave the wrong one. Here is the example I am using:
2) Script URL (on DD):http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

This does work in ie7. I think it must be something I did. But the only things I changed in the script were the menu strings and the links.

jscheuer1
08-20-2007, 05:01 PM
OK then, it isn't the browser set up. Odd (but not unheard of) that it would work in other browsers and not in IE 7. You say it isn't even showing up at all in IE 7, not even the trigger links? Could be something about the rest of your page's markup or styles. To really know, I'd have to see it. Could you make up a demo of the problem, preferably without images and post the code?

Use:

Code Here

around your code so that it looks like this:

Code here

once posted.

Xen Arcade
08-20-2007, 05:43 PM
It was a CSS problem with defining width and height in the id style's. I just found out ie7 needs them defined where ns9 and ff1 didn't! I should have investigated more before assuming the script was to blame.

Very sorry for that.

I am thankful for your willingness to help though,

sorry again,

Xen