PDA

View Full Version : Javascript errors on ebay auction

gmoss
08-20-2007, 01:35 AM
Hello Everyone,
I keep getting the error:
Your listing cannot contain javascript (".cookie", "cookie(", "replace(", IFRAME, META, or includes), cookies or base href.

I do not know what is wrong with my ad. Other ads use javascript and I am not using cookies or doing anything malicious. can any one help with a workaround or tell me what I can do to get the same effect without javascript. I do not know another way to do the dislocated swap image. Any help would be great.

heres a link to the html/javascript I am using for the ebay ad.
http://www.y2kimports.com/ebayad/gallery.htm

jscheuer1
08-20-2007, 03:15 AM
Ask ebay.

gmoss
08-20-2007, 03:32 AM
I did ask them. they dont have an answer. Thats why I came here. To ask the experts

jscheuer1
08-20-2007, 03:39 AM
My previous response was a polite way of, without having to get into the rules here, saying that we are not permitted to assist you in circumventing anything that might be a part of your contract with your host (from the forum rules (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/rules.htm)):

1.4) No illegal requests- Do not post requests that are illegal or break the usage terms of the service in question, such as where to download warez, disable pop up ads on your free host etc.

The fact that others have found a way around it, doesn't necessarily mean that it is a legal and/or approved by ebay practice.

gmoss
08-20-2007, 03:46 AM
oh no I may have miss spoke. I am not trying to break any rules on ebay or here. What I am asking is is there another way to do a gallery like this instead of how I created mine. thats the only way I knew how.
Ebay dosent answer any kind of script/code questions. ebay allowes code just not the kind I used. I'm just asking how else to make a gallery like this

jscheuer1
08-20-2007, 06:24 AM
Well, there are tons of galleries. Just on this site:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/indexb.html

However, not being an ebayer, I have no idea for certain which would or would not conflict with whatever measures ebay has in place to prevent the types of scripts that they prohibit.

It would be my guess that these measures probably err on the side of caution - meaning that even some scripts that do not specifically violate their policy may also get excluded.

So, it would be a matter of trial and error - or you could view the source code of an ebay page that includes a script that you like to see which one it is. If it is in the public domain, then you could use it as well.

You could also try Google to find galleries. Maybe you would get lucky with:

ebay javascript galleries

as search terms.

gmoss
08-22-2007, 07:20 PM
thanks for your help

djr33
08-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Even if your intentions aren't to break the rules on ebay, we can't really help because they have setup a special system to disallow certain code.

I would expect them to be able to help you, but if they can't, I'm not sure what to suggest as we can't just guess what they allow.

Good luck, and I can understand how annoying it is.