PDA

View Full Version : AcitveX Security Warning in IE7

Cheng
08-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Hi.

I created this website in XHTML Transitional.
Every page appears to be valid XHTML and CSS but my Javascript menu does not work if IE does not allow active content which I beleive is the default setting.
Is there anything I can do that people wont get this ActiveX warning.
Change the doctype to HTML Transitional did not work since IE does not support XHTML, at least that is what I've been told.
There must be a way of running a Javascript menu without getting this warning.
Hopefully someone of you guys can help me out here.

Thanks,
Tommy

Twey
08-18-2007, 07:57 AM
The warning occurs when running a page locally -- it won't happen once you upload it.
Every page appears to be valid XHTML and CSS but my Javascript menu does not work if IE does not allow active content which I beleive is the default setting.
Is there anything I can do that people wont get this ActiveX warning.
Change the doctype to HTML Transitional did not work since IE does not support XHTML, at least that is what I've been told.You heard right, but misinterpreted it. You must use HTML if you want a valid page that works in IE. As your page stands it's perfectly valid XHTML, and the validator will tell you as much -- which counts for precisely nothing, because browsers will parse it as HTML, as which it isn't valid. Stick to HTML 4.01 Strict for now.

Cheng
08-18-2007, 09:57 AM
.......ok thanks.
And the ActiveX warning was gone when I testet the site online.
Sorry, but this was a mistake of mine.
Allready changed it to HTML 4.01 Transitional.
Crazy that MS cant get their browser to support XHTML.....

Another question by the way.
I'm using a lot of different images on each page and I would like a loading animation with an animated gif until the images are loaded and then display the full page.
I have a script but it's not working on this site, probably wont mix with my javascript menu.
Do you have an idea where I can find a working script?

Thanks a lot for the quick reply,
Tommy

Twey
08-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Allready changed it to HTML 4.01 Transitional.Why not Strict?
Another question by the way.
I'm using a lot of different images on each page and I would like a loading animation with an animated gif until the images are loaded and then display the full page.
I have a script but it's not working on this site, probably wont mix with my javascript menu.
Do you have an idea where I can find a working script?Have a look at this: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/preloadimage.htm.

tech_support
08-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Have a look at this: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/preloadimage.htm.
But that script doesn't work in FF.

Twey
08-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Really? It says it does.

jscheuer1
08-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Works in my FF.

tech_support
08-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Ah. Cause you linked to the script directly, so it didn't show. I thought it was the Preloader II script.