PDA

View Full Version : [CSS] VISTA style toolbar with CSS

domagoj.barisic
08-14-2007, 12:09 PM
1) CODE TITLE: VISTA style toolbar with CSS

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Domagoj Barisic

3) DESCRIPTION: VISTA style toolbar, with buttons and hover effect. Cross-browser compatible CSS and HTML.

4) URL TO CODE: http://blog.itookia.com/vista_toolbar.html

or, ATTACHED BELOW (see #3 in guidelines below):

tech_support
08-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Looks good.

bilal
09-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Domagoj; You have done a nice job.

I'm not sure, but I think I could have achieved a similar affect using very simple CSS rules & using only a single Image.
I'll give my idea a try and post it here on the Forum.
If my idea works it would be very customizable for other users.

matthewmjscott
09-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Wow, domagoj.barisic, I love it! Well done!

boogyman
09-18-2007, 04:58 PM
couple things to note...
1) your code is latent with excessive tags

2) using an image next to the text is not required, the extra image is really only there for cosmetic looks, and thus should be included in the css.

Domagoj; You have done a nice job.

I'm not sure, but I think I could have achieved a similar affect using very simple CSS rules & using only a single Image.
I'll give my idea a try and post it here on the Forum.
If my idea works it would be very customizable for other users.

the problem with 1 image is that you do not know the width of the link that is going to be displayed, which leads into

3) if you have an extremely long heading, the background doesnt fit.
Ideally, you should have a 3 images. left, right, middle.. and to do this you may need the extra span tag. but I will play around with it when I get home from work tonight

this is a nice thought, but the code needs some work

bilal
09-24-2007, 02:57 AM
the problem with 1 image is that you do not know the width of the link that is going to be displayed...

You didn't get me...I meant a single image that would be used for Background. For the other two images, that were needed in the above Code, I thought I could substitute some CSS Rules, that would hopefully give a similar effect.

I didn't get time to try my idea out until yet, but I will try it as soon as I can.

Rockonmetal
09-27-2007, 10:58 PM
NICE!!! I Like it I made the dark themed version... it looks really cool THANKS MAN!