PDA

View Full Version : Tooltip with image script

psquillace
08-13-2007, 08:37 PM
1) Script Title: Image w/ description tooltip

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/imagetooltip.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hello All:

At this link, URL removed by admin as requested I am trying to get this script to show the enlarged image of the image you mouse over.

I only have it set to the first card called Angels and for some reason it is not showing anything, nor am I seeing any js errors in FireFox.

in the head of that document I have it calling a js file instead of it in the head part itself. I have tried both ways by the way.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul

jscheuer1
08-14-2007, 02:20 AM
Onload script conflict. Remove this from the tool tip script:

window.onload = initTip;

Make your body tag like so:

<body bgcolor="#E8E8E8" text="#000000" link="#003399" onLoad="initTip();MM_preloadImages('images/homeb.gif','images/productsb.gif','images/orderingb.gif','images/catalogb.gif','images/aboutb.gif','images/contactb.gif','images/copyrightb.gif','images/homea.gif','images/productsa.gif','images/orderinga.gif','images/cataloga.gif','images/abouta.gif','images/contacta.gif','images/copyrighta.gif')">

psquillace
08-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks John......

Works great now! You are the best.

Is there a way I would have caught that or would I have to have been a JS Master?

:D

jscheuer1
08-14-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't think it requires being a 'JS Master'. It does require more knowledge of javascript than just cutting and pasting. It is something one should look for whenever using more than one javascript on a page. Though not all scripts require an onload event, there can be only one onload event. When there are more than one, they must be combined or made to co-exist somehow.