PDA

View Full Version : Iframe SSI 2 question

the_lar
08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi all,

I'm using the Iframe SSI script II

It work beautifully until I introduce an SSL certificate - then it breaks with permission denied errors. Is this just a complete no no or is there a workaround, or another script that will do the job of resizing my iFrame????

Many thanks
Lar

ddadmin
08-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

Hmm there may be a solution but I'm not aware of one. Basically the problem as I understand it is that JavaScript cannot access a page (in this case, page within the iframe) with a SSL certificate. Maybe there's some way to authenticate the JavaScript, but this isn't exactly my area of knowledge.

jscheuer1
08-14-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm not all that sure what an SSL Cert is, though I am looking it up as I type this. Anyways, if both your top page and any pages you choose to load into your iframe are on the same domain and have the same security level, it should work. Or rather, if it can work, it will work. If the two pages are on different domains, or if they have different security levels, it will never work.

The below may or may not apply in your specific case.

One other thing I will throw out there is, that if you switch your iframe to:

about:blank

as its source, as is often popular to do for various reasons, and the top page is secure, this too will cause a security violation.