PDA

View Full Version : Data Concurrency:

laserdude
08-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I our company we have a online portal that sales executives use for updating stats about their customers...But what happens is if two executives are updating the same data, both clashes and the whole data is gone... somebody please tell me how to resolve this issue...

FOI:

Web Application : ASP.NET 2.0
Database : MS SQL Express

Twey
08-06-2007, 08:11 PM
But what happens is if two executives are updating the same data, both clashes and the whole data is gone...Stay away from MSSQL. It's really not nice -- this should never happen, for a start. The most recent update should take precedence. You may be able to work around this problem (I'm tempted to call it a bug, but it's probably a feature), or at least reduce the likelihood of it happening, by performing a transaction like the PostgreSQL
BEGIN;
COMMIT;

laserdude
08-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Stay away from MSSQL. It's really not nice -- this should never happen, for a start. The most recent update should take precedence. You may be able to work around this problem (I'm tempted to call it a bug, but it's probably a feature), or at least reduce the likelihood of it happening, by performing a transaction like the PostgreSQL
BEGIN;
COMMIT;

Thanks Twey Bro.... Can we use oracle insted of sql..but is oracle more stable than sql ????

Twey
08-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Can we use oracle insted of sql..but is oracle more stable than sql ????Oracle's fairly decent, certainly better than MSSQL. I suggest PostgreSQL or, at a stretch, MySQL.

laserdude
08-06-2007, 11:54 PM
let me try that and will let you know the result....