PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain why I can't...

lrubin28
04-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Can someone tell me why I can't use the conveyor belt slideshow script on the same page as the fade-in script? I want to use one script in one table cell, and the other script in another table cell. I can get both to work separately, but whenever I add them both they don't work. I thought each one would sort of run independently...

Larry

jscheuer1
04-06-2005, 09:12 PM
In a word "script confilcts". Oh, that was two words. This is so common we have what is called a sticky for it. Here's the sticky:
not again

lrubin28
04-07-2005, 02:55 PM
That definnitely helped - I was able to get both working on the same page. Still needs some tweaking somewhere I suppose though, because one of them (the image fader), starts flickering between the pictures, faster and faster until everything freezes. And it doesn't happen when the other (conveyer) is not there....sigh...I didn't realize how tricky this was going to be! I thought I could replace my 2 little Flash components but its proving to be quite a challenge for me...

anyway, thanks for the link to the tutorial on the conflicting scripts!

Larry

jscheuer1
04-07-2005, 04:03 PM
If you have or can put the page live somewhere that I can see it (provide link), I'd be happy to take a look at it. We've got a sticky for that too: