PDA

View Full Version : DHTML Window with SWFObject

Wax
08-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Iíve tried for some days now to crack this and have no idea if it is actually possible.:confused: The pupose is to show a larger flash video file with more detail description in a layover or DHTML popup window.

Iím using the DHTML Window widget (love it) to embed the SWFObject. I tried inline content and the hidden div on the page without success.

The SWFObject works fine outside the dhtml window. The DHTML Window also works for any other HTML. I combed the dhtmlwindow.js and believe the innerHTML muddles the JavaScript content of the hidden div. I canít use iframes as this code is generated dynamically for hundreds of pages of video objects.

I posted my example here http://sweettraders.com/dev/DHTMLWindow.htm. Click 630-21 and youíll notice the flash video file does not play in the DHTML window.

Any idea will be helpful.

Bry2010
10-08-2007, 03:56 PM
I am having a similar problem. It half works in Firefox. The flash loads fine but when I resize the window by dragging the corner the flash object inside does not. The flash loads incorrectly like the link you provided in IE.

Does IE do crazy things with object tags? Did you find a solution Wax? Is it a problem that the object is on the page twice for Firefox?