PDA

View Full Version : help with linking to contractable text...

nohar
04-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Switch Content Script
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/switchcontent.htm

i'm creating a database of my cds where the cd titles expand to show track listings. i am also trying to cross-reference related items. the items are contracted by default. i was wondering if it's possible to link either to an anchor inside the contracted portion where when the link is clicked it opens the page with that specific content expanded but the rest remain contracted. if this doesnt make sense i'll try to clarify more. i'm new at this and am still basically at the copy/paste stage of javascripting. any help will be appreciated.

ddadmin
04-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Hmm I can't think of an easy way to do this unfortunately. Currently Switch Content can only automatically expand/ contract in response to the visitor's previous interaction of its headers on that specific page. The script cannot detect events occuring on another page (ie: clicking on a link on another page).

Sorry,

nohar
04-06-2005, 08:37 AM
is there a different script or other such thing that gives a similar effect that would allow me to do that? if i have to i can just link to the pages and hope my viewers are intellgent enough to find the exact spot i'm trying to get them to lol. but i figured it'd be a nice touch. thanks for responding so quickly.