PDA

View Full Version : help on cmotion image gallery in IE..

dezi
07-30-2007, 10:26 PM
1) Script Title: CMotion Image Gallery

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/cmotiongallery.htm#

3) Describe problem: i have used the script above, copied and pasted into my html page( i found a web page where jscheuer opted for just copieing and pasting it on your page without using the css files )the link to the site is

http//www.hollywoodmark.com.

in IE the script does not start automaticly the rest (opera,safari, firefox netscape are all fine. what to do? i have read something about this bug but my knowledge of java is not enough to solve this one on my own.. anybody?
sincerly k.w.

jscheuer1
07-31-2007, 03:38 AM
This line very near the end of the script:

cross_scroll.style.left=(menuwidth-actualwidth)/startpos+'px';

should be:

cross_scroll.style.left=startpos? (menuwidth-actualwidth)/startpos+'px' : 0;

There could also be other problems.

dezi
07-31-2007, 03:00 PM
thanks! i will look into it ,sincerely k.w.

dezi
08-01-2007, 10:32 PM
hmm,
1-i have copied and pasted the code, uploaded.. but still when i open the page i have to minimise and then maximizete page to get the pics to pop up in IE still rest of browsers all fine ;-))
2- i read there was a ''dummy '' in the code to override this bug is that correct? anybody ever encountered this problem??
i have searched the internet but have not found a script that does neat scrolling from left to right, until this one crossed my path.. i would like to stick to this one so... lookin for answers badly....cheers! k.w.

jscheuer1
08-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Well, you are obviously using an older version of the script. Try the one from the demo page. It doesn't exhibit the problem you are having in IE. If upgrading to the current version doesn't take care of it, then it is something to do with your implementation, layout, and/or style. You are not using a frame or iframe, are you?

Added Later:

I just tried this suggestion with your tattoo page, it did the trick.

dezi
08-02-2007, 09:24 AM
thank you for replying so fast, no i dont use (i )frames
(they cause me trouble every time)
the whole thing is held to its place by a div though. could that be it in IE?.
i'll try the one on the demo page, see if that works! thats the demo page on dynamic drive i guess? if problem keeps occuring i try something else ..for now, thank you very much indeed! sincerely k.w.

jscheuer1
08-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Perhaps I wasn't clear. Yes, I meant the script from the demo page here on Dynamic Drive. And I didn't mean 'might fix it', I meant, 'will fix it'. All you need to do is to replace what you have between:

<script type="text/javascript">

</script>

with the code in the motiongallery.js (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/motiongallery.js) file.

dezi
08-15-2007, 09:27 PM
yep!! i chanched the code as you suggested and that did the trick! thank u ever so much for looking into it and helping me out !

cheers
K.W.