PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Tabs Content script-highlight tab help

cfemocha
07-28-2007, 06:37 AM
1) Script Title: Ajax Tabs Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
Im having a problem with the hightlight on the tab thats currently clicked on.
The script works great if i only have 1 sets of tabs (i.e. one UL set), but when i add another set (i.e. two UL sets) I now have two hightlighted areas, one for each set.
what im trying to achieve is to have one hightlighted area no matter how many sets of tabs I have.

Any help is appreciated.

cfemocha
07-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I got it to work by hard coding it, somehow using the DOM property childNodes give different results in FF and IE. anyone has a better solution for me?

ddadmin
07-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm not certain what you're trying to do- do you mean modify things so only the first ajax tab content instance gets the visual "clicked on" effect, with other instances showng no effect?

cfemocha
07-29-2007, 01:24 PM
As shown in the attached pic, I have two Ajax Tab Content instances with one content area, im trying to have only one 'clicked-on' effect for all the tabs i have and not one for each instance.
I know if I put all the tabs all inside one single container UL, everything would work out fine but for my other script to work I will have to have two instances i.e. startajaxtabs("maintab", "maintab2").

I managed to get the script to work by hard coding it as there seemed to be a browser compatibility prob when using childnodes (or anything to do with sibling, child properties ...). Just wondering if there is any other way to solve this?

Any help is appreciated.