PDA

View Full Version : Searching for script

compmom
07-24-2007, 02:57 AM
I was searching for an image script recently. I came across a really nice one but I did not save the page.
This is how the script worked When clicking on a thumbnail the background darkened and the larger image appeared. It was a super effect!!

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen this script and if so please could please provide me with the link.

Thanks

Compmom

jscheuer1
07-24-2007, 06:37 AM
There are tons of these:

lightbox (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox2/index.htm)
slimbox
thickbox
lytebox
litebox
lightbox gone wild

to name a few. There are various versions of each (or most) as well. I'm even working on my own box type script (Mybox (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22703)).

The one's without links may be Googled. DD also has the original version of lightbox (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox/index.htm). I linked to the latest version of it on DD in the above list.

compmom
07-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi John: thanks for the info.
I have been able to make several scripts work in the past for me so I hope I can do the same with this.

I looked at the original lightbox (it seems to be the easiest for me but I could be wrong.) The directions indicate to create thumbnail links. I was wondering If I could enter the thumbnails in a table.

Also it does not specify which part of the script should be within the body tag. Probably a stupid question but as I said I am new at this.
I really appreciate your help

compmom (Tina)

jscheuer1
07-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Not all scripts are:

'goes in the head'

'goes in the body'

I don't think any of the 'box' scripts are like that. The original lightbox uses an external script file and an external stylesheet file. These are linked to the head of your page using the code indicated (an external script tag with src attribute and a style link tag with href) on the demo page. These files must be saved from the demo page. There are also 3 images (used by the script) to save from the demo page. Once you get all that together, there is no body part of the code other than using the rel="lightbox" type links, also shown on the demo page.

I think most of the other versions use compressed zip archives that you can download and uncompress to get the files required. Some of these archives include demo pages. v 2.03 of lightbox (linked to at the top of my list) has the compressed archive with a demo page, and because of this might actually be easier for a novice to setup, assuming that you are familiar with unzipping such an archive.

compmom
07-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Hi John: thanks again. I am new at adjusting scripts to meet my objectives.
Unzipping a file I am very familiar with: the idea of the demo page sounds great so I am going to give it a try. I can also find my way with codes etc.
I have been using dreamweaver but I am going to try the code using with notepad to create my page. Dreamweaver can have a mind of its own at times.
If you can think of anything else I need to know please advise me.
Again tahnks for the help

compmom(Tina)