PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling iframe script problems

Yumi Archery
04-03-2005, 09:05 AM
hi all

I'm trying to get things working with the iframe scrolling script, i have created the external.htm file in dreamweaver Scrolling page (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/iframe-scroller.htm) do i need to create another file for the contents text script... ;)

jscheuer1
04-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Yes, you need a container page with the script engine and container markup (this is a fancy way of saying do step 1) on it, or better yet, put it (step 1) on an existing page at the spot you want the scroller to appear. Don't forget you can configure step 1 to get it to look the way you want but, just to see if it works, you can use it as is.

Yumi Archery
04-04-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm very new to dreamweaver. I've created my home file where i want my scroller to be i do all the config later in the year, ;) what u are saying is create new files for each step of step 1 is that right witch have i in the first step and save it as external.htm but it comes up with just the blink :confused: i don't know where to put the other script to make it scroll thats what i cant under stand...

jscheuer1
04-04-2005, 08:38 AM
I've had to read your last message several times and I'm still not sure I understand it. If you have external.htm all you need to do is put step 1 on an existing page at the spot on that page that you want the scroller to be.