PDA

View Full Version : How to Open a Link in a New Window?

MrRSMan
07-23-2007, 12:02 PM
I've been trying to work out how to open the following image link in a new window, whith such characterists as the menubar, etc.

I have tried and succeeded in doing the exact same thing using a text link, but I can't for the life of me work out how to do it with an image (as a link). Help me!

This is what I'm trying to open in a new window...

<p align="left"><a href="../rsclient/maintemp.htm">
<!--webbot bot="ImageMap" text=" (0,16) (291, 42) {LAUCH CLIENT} {Sofachrome} 12 B #000000 CT 0 " border="0" src="launch.gif" align="left" u-originalsrc="launch.gif" u-overlaysrc="file:///C:/Documents and Settings/L********/Desktop/RS Evolution/index.htm_txt_launch.gif" hspace="16" width="291" height="58" --></a></p>

As you can see, this is an image with text over it, opening the link in the current window.

Thank you, MrRSMan.

jscheuer1
07-23-2007, 02:32 PM
This part:

<!--webbot bot="ImageMap" text=" (0,16) (291, 42) {LAUCH CLIENT} {Sofachrome} 12 B #000000 CT 0 " border="0" src="launch.gif" align="left" u-originalsrc="launch.gif" u-overlaysrc="file:///C:/Documents and Settings/L********/Desktop/RS Evolution/index.htm_txt_launch.gif" hspace="16" width="291" height="58" -->

Is seen by the browser (both its HTML and javascript parsers) as a comment. It isn't javascript or HTML. If it does anything at all, it is because it is some type of extension, probably a Front Page extension, and is executed or converted to something that the browser can interpret on the server side by a server that is configured to do so.

djr33
07-23-2007, 05:27 PM
I just edited the title of this thread. Your questions are no more important than those of other users, so please don't add random characters for emphasis. It's just annoying... the thread is bold in the first place if it's unread.

???
07-24-2007, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't really think of this as JS, it seems more like HTML, but I think if you added
target="_blank" to the <a> it will open in a new window. But I'm not exactly sure of what your doing.