PDA

View Full Version : Re: Conveyor Belt slideshow script

Jaguar
04-02-2005, 09:22 PM
I would like to know if I can put the Javascript for the Conveyor Belt Sideshow into an external js file page and call it to the location I would like to use it, just as with the IFrame scroller which has the external.html page.

I prefer having large Javascripts which do not go between the head tags to be a external.js file.

If it can be done then I need the proper call for it. I tried what I thought was right and get a syntax error in the following

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="conveyor.js"></script>

jscheuer1
04-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Did you take the beginning and ending script tags off the script?

Jaguar
04-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Yes just did that, seems to have done the trick, did not get the syntax error.
Now I am going to load images and set it up and see if it runs smoothly.

I will post a note on my results. Thanks for the insight I forgot about that.

Jaguar
04-02-2005, 11:37 PM
OK no luck on getting the script to work from the external js file. Tried a number of things but nothing.

what I had was the following:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="conveyor.js"></script>

I removed the beginning and end script tags from the external js file.

So I put the whole script in my page where I wanted to have it and no problems. I am not sure as to what the problem is with having the script which is a Javascript in an external js file as I do have a slide show set up that uses a external js file.

I believe it may have something to do with the path to call for the external js file. For now I will leave it as is. It might be that the syntax in the call for the script from a external js file that I have is wrong.

If anyone does figure out a way to call the script from a external js file that works please post it or send me a private message.

mwinter
04-02-2005, 11:50 PM
If anyone does figure out a way to call the script from a external js file that works please post it or send me a private message.It's difficult to suggest a solution without seeing your attempt. If you could post a URL to a demonstration, you're more likely to get accurate assistance.

Mike

dmwhipp
03-21-2009, 03:11 PM
I got this to work using with an external script here: http://www.cisstjohns.org/index.html

If your slideshow is in your root directory, try this simple change:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="/conveyor.js"></script>