PDA

View Full Version : HV Menu - positioning sublevels when set to vertical

Eternal_Howl
07-19-2007, 05:07 AM
Script Title: HV Menu v5.5

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm

I've been using this menu for quite some time now. It's great, and I have read the Sticky post regarding this particular menu and the fact you guys didn't create it so this question may remain unanswered, but here goes :)

I'm redesigning a website and one of the things I want is a vertical menu with submenu options (like what this menu offers). But instead of the submenu items appearing to the right of the menu when it's either clicked on or moused over, I was wanting to be able to have them appear directly beneath the first level option - either as an expanding style menu OR simply to overlap the existing vertical menu.

I've scoured the web it seems and most vertical navigation menus seem to display the sublevel menu to the right of the vertical nav menu - which means it ends up sitting over main content. I want it cleaner than that. Help? Or am I way beyond help? :eek: Thanks in advance.

Eternal_Howl
07-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Nevermind, I think I've got it. For anyone else: this may only work if your vertical menu is hard left on your page, but in the config file scroll down until you see this:

RightToLeft
Number 1 or 0- When set to 1 the menu unfolds from left to right.
And change the number to: 1

That semi-solved my issue about it overlapping onto other portions of the page. Hopefully this might help someone else too.

It does however, continue to overlap anything below the parent of the selected submenu so that the submenu covers the rest of the parent level. Ideally, I would like any parent links to extend to the end of the submenu (child menu) links so they are still visible at all times, but for now, I guess this will have to do.