PDA

View Full Version : How to have others post images to website

twirlzz
04-02-2005, 04:23 PM
:) Can anyone tell me how to create an area on my website that is edit-able by others? I'd like them to be able to add photos and captions without having to send them to me and have me post them online. So... a photo album type thing? Or for real estate where they can upload home images and insert listing info... thanks! Tz

mwinter
04-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Your question isn't on-topic in any of the groups your posted to. The forum would have been best, but please just limit yourself one thread (just this one, hopefully).

Can anyone tell me how to create an area on my website that is edit-able by others? I'd like them to be able to add photos and captions without having to send them to me and have me post them online.You'll be looking for a content management system (CMS), then. Something more simple like the various gallery systems you can find around the Web might allow for self-administration, too. In either case, you'll need a host which allows the running of code server-side (PHP, CGI, JSP, etc. support) and a database (like MySQL). The specific requirements will depend upon the software you use.

Google will be your friend. The [url=http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index]Gallery Project (]Other[/url) is also a promising place to start.

Mike