PDA

View Full Version : How to have others upload images to website

twirlzz
04-02-2005, 03:22 PM
;) Can anyone tell me how to create an area on my website that is edit-able by others? I'd like them to be able to add photos and captions without having to send them to me and have me post them online. So... a photo album type thing? Or for real estate where they can upload home images and insert listing info... thanks! Tz

simonf
04-13-2005, 10:10 AM
You need to speak to your service provider to setup an area that can be shared with no password etc so they can basically ftp the files into a directory

Gr8briGuy1
04-26-2005, 07:49 PM
You can also do this with PHP (Provided your host is running a version 4.3 or higher). 4.3 included many image functions, as well as built in FTP support. I haven't done it myself, but I know that you can have the user browse for a file, resize it (or not), and upload it via FTP.

You'll also need a database to keep track of which comments and images go together. Check out php.net under the documentation if you need help with it.

spyder
05-21-2005, 08:16 PM
this may not help at all, but if you just want other people to be able to sbmit pics, you can use various sites such as photobucket, and make a username and password that everyone can use