PDA

View Full Version : Diplaying Chinese Characters

devtechchina
07-13-2007, 01:01 AM
1) Switch Content:

2) http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/switchcontent.htm

3) Hi there, can you point me in the right direction. I have used the switch content script on a site and it works wonderfully. BUT now the client has asked me to duplicate the whole site in Chinese, and I cant get the switch content script to display the caractors. I have changed the font to SIMSUN (CHINESE) but still no joy, all Im getting back is garble. Which way should I go?

The rest of the pages are outputting the chinese caractors fine, just the switch content script content is wrong.

Thanks in advance

Geno

Twey
07-13-2007, 02:09 PM
It's probably an encoding issue. What sort of "garble" are you getting? Your best bet is probably to serve the page as UTF-16, since it contains primarily Chinese content; you need to make sure that it actually is UTF-16 as well, though. The appropriate font should be used automatically.

devtechchina
07-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Thank you Twey, all done and working groovy. You were right, serving issue, It was weird, the other chinese content was displaying fine, but not the switch content script content. Changed the seving encoding and its fine now. your the best ... thanks Geno