PDA

View Full Version : MAC Problem with imagetooltip

aussieincanada
07-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Script
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/imagetooltip.htm

Greetings to all as this is my first post here.

I have been using the above script for sometime now on a real estate site and have had a problem reported from a client who is using a MAC computer.

They have advised there is that there are dark lines (frames) showing up that cut through the picture.

Does anyone have a remedy for this?

Looking forward to your reply.

Could someone with a MAC computer please test this URL http://campbellriverhomes.com for errors.

Client reported dark lines running through the pictures and text on the tours pages.

Thanks aussieincanada

With thanks aussieincanada

djr33
07-11-2007, 11:15 PM
We're going to need a link to your page, since the script itself should work ok.
I'm on a mac, so I can try to figure out what the problem is.

Also, please post questions about DD scripts in the DD scripts help section (this is now moved). Generic questions about javascript belong there.

djr33
07-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I've tried it using Safari 2.0 (the default browser on Macs), and Firefox 2, which is similar to Firefox on a PC.
Neither has trouble. I don't see any lines.

Internet Explorer 5 was the last version released for Macs and that sometimes has trouble. I don't have that installed on here at the moment, but perhaps that is what your client was using.

Can you get more information about the browser(s), version(s), and system(s)? Like "Firefox 2 on OSX 10.4.3".

(Also, don't post the same request multiple times. We'll get to your post when we get the chance and it just takes up space (and may annoy potential helpers) to have multiple copies of the same question.

jscheuer1
07-12-2007, 06:03 PM
djr33,

Did you look at one of the 'tour' pages? Here's one:

http://campbellriverhomes.com/matchless.htm

I don't have a Mac, but I play one in the movies. :) Anyways, I do have a Mac browser (Safari 3) for windows, and there were no lines in it (as I understood you to mean) on the above page. However, the tool tips weren't wide enough for the images and text that they contain. Make sure these are set properly in the script and in the script calls. IE will expand the tip to accommodate overflowing text and images, almost all other browsers will not, and therefore the widths should be set correctly.

Added Later:

For example, on the page in question (the link in this post), all you need is to change this (red) as shown:

/////////////////////// CUSTOMIZE HERE ////////////////////
// settings for tooltip
// Do you want tip to move when mouse moves over link?
var tipFollowMouse= true;
// Be sure to set tipWidth wide enough for widest image
var tipWidth= 320;
var offX= 20; // how far from mouse to show tip
var offY= 12;
var tipFontFamily= "Verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif";
var tipFont

That's because no individual width settings are specified in the in page script calls. This may or may not be the problem that was originally reported to you. It is a problem and needs to be fixed. It can be seen in almost any browser other than IE, on any computer.

aussieincanada
07-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I have not received a reply back regarding the browser etc the client is using, but I would like to thank you for pointing out the above.

Many thanks for your services
aussieincanada