PDA

View Full Version : Voip

steveh
03-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know if voip source code is freely available. Im thinking of doing a university project on this and i thought it would be good if i could code asimple example, say from one ip to another.

Does anyone have this code or be able to point me in the right direction?

barita_lola
08-12-2007, 03:37 AM
Well friend as long as I know VOCAL Technologies source code voip software libraries include components for proprietary and industry standard voice over public or private IP (internet protocol) networks. This system is a fully integrated voip/audio processing system providing features such as voice coders and decoders, DTMF detection/generation, call progress detection/generation, echo cancellers, etc. and they provide it for free.

djr33
08-12-2007, 03:54 AM
This is just a bit beyond HTML. Heh.
Moving this thread to the "other" forum.

This *might* be possible using a Java applet. And that's about it.
Aside from that, you would need to create an independent program, not a website.

Twey
08-12-2007, 04:13 AM
Have a look at [[Comparison of VoIP software]] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_VoIP_software) on Wikipedia; any package marked as free software (not freeware) will have its source available.

tfit
08-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone know if voip source code is freely available. Im thinking of doing a university project on this and i thought it would be good if i could code asimple example, say from one ip to another.

Does anyone have this code or be able to point me in the right direction?

Asterisk is free, but not simple. That is installing is simple, reading the code to compile your own program is not. BTW where have you been?? 1 post in 3 years?? :)

tfit
08-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Hello, I am looking for a solution that will allow me to use Skype wirelessly (i.e. without sitting in front of my computer all the time). I am a BT Internet subscriber and the new BT Home Hub (that comes for free with option 3) has a wireless VOIP handset. Will I be able to use this handset with my existing Skype account? Can I use Skype with the VOIP phone that comes with the new BT Home Hub?

Skype hasn't released there specification yet, i think, so it is still closed source. The only phone i know of that supports skype is a linksys ct something

tfit
08-28-2008, 11:39 AM
If you really want a simple installation you might look into 3cx. It comes with postgress and apache. Unfortunately the free edition only has 3 simultaneous calls