PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a script

Rick2k7
07-07-2007, 08:39 PM
1) Script Title: Recall form values script II

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/formremember2.htm

3) Describe problem: For some reason it just doesn't want to save a textarea value, it works on input boxes but it just doesn't even save the cookie for the textarea values, the script works for textareas right? Because theirs one on the demo and it saves that, am i doing something wrong?

I've set a name and id both the same for this textarea and it still refuses to save, i've also tried it on a totally blank page to make sure it's not conflicting with anything.

thetestingsite
07-07-2007, 08:50 PM
A link to your problem page would be useful so that we can determine what the problem is, especially being that you are not experiencing this problem on the demo page.

Rick2k7
07-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Well it's not on a public page anyway because its in an admin control panel, however.

<form id="addreply-form">
<textarea name="post" id="post" style="width: 99&#37;; height: 250px;" class="bbcode-input"></textarea>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
var f2=new rememberForm("addreply-form");
f2.persistfields("post");
</script>

Thats taken straight from the source code.

I don't understand how on the demo page it recalls the value of the textarea because theirs no name or id set to it and in the source it only tells it to grab the two input fields?