PDA

View Full Version : Iframe SSI script II odd behavior!

bikkuri
03-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Script: Iframe SSI script II
URL: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamic.../iframessi2.htm

Hi! I'm using the Iframe SSI script for dynamic resizing, and it works great, except for one small behavior that I can't figure out.

I have a menu at the top of a page that loads pages into an iframe below... pretty straightforward. The pages load below as expected, but what's odd is that sometimes the page will jump. After clicking on a link to load content into the iframe, I'll get this huge white space to the top and bottom of the entire page... everything looks fine except for this white space above and below the entire page content...

Has anyone else come across this? Any suggestions? I can't seem to wrap my brain around this one!! :)

Thanks in advance,

bikkuri

ddadmin
03-29-2005, 07:01 PM
It seems the iframe script has trouble determining the height of the document. This could happen if the contained document contains something that throws off the script, such as a layered element. In these cases, there isn't a workaround, as DHTML has its limitations when it comes to document height retrieval.

bikkuri
03-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Thank you for the quick reply!

I'm going to take a look at the code for the loading pages and see what might be off in there, but out of curiousity, would embedded stylesheets trip up the script by any chance?

Thanks again!

- bikkuri

ddadmin
03-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Only if the embedded stylesheet contains code that alters the containing page's height or an element inside it.