PDA

View Full Version : side menu javascript issues

kirby101
03-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Alright, here's my problem. I want a side menu that will pop out of the menu I currently have. if you view my website (www.marconid.com) in FF, it works great. However, I can't get it to work in IE... I was told that I needed some javascript in it, but I don't know what javascript to put where, or anything like that.

Help? Please?

jscheuer1
03-29-2005, 10:26 AM
OK, on your style sheet, change this:

/* Fix IE. Hide from IE Mac \*/
* html ul li { float: left; }
* html ul li a { height: 1%; }
/* End */to this
:/* Fix IE. Hide from IE Mac \*/
* html ul li { float: left; }
* html ul li a { height: 1%; }
* html li { float: left; }
* html li a { height: 1%; }
/* End */on your page, change this:
<li><a href="index.html">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="projects.html">Previous Projects</a>
<ul>
<li><a href="idaho.html">Idaho</a></li>
<li><a href="nevada.html">Nevada</a></li>
<li><a href="oregon.html">Oregon</a></li>
<li><a href="utah.html">Utah</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a href="staff.html">Staff</a></li>to this:
<li><a href="index.html" onmouseOver="if(document.all)document.getElementById('ul1').style.display='none'">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="projects.html" onmouseOver="if(document.all)document.getElementById('ul1').style.display='block'">Previous Projects</a>
<ul id="ul1" onmouseOver="if(document.all)this.style.display='block'" onmouseOut="if(document.all)this.style.display='none'">
<li><a href="idaho.html">Idaho</a></li>
<li><a href="nevada.html">Nevada</a></li>
<li><a href="oregon.html">Oregon</a></li>
<li><a href="utah.html">Utah</a></li>

</ul>
</li>
<li><a href="staff.html" onmouseOver="if(document.all)document.getElementById('ul1').style.display='none'">Staff</a></li>Works Here. Otherwise, you'll need to get a full blown script like:Jim's DHTML Menu v5.7 (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/jimmenu/index.htm) or one of the other fine menus on http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/.

kirby101
03-29-2005, 08:18 PM
ok, you officially rock. It works like a charm.

^_^ Yay!

kirby101
03-29-2005, 08:22 PM
woah... that's weird... hey, I reposted it after I inserted those changes, and it works fine offline, but after I updated it online, it adds a space right underneath the tabs with the side menus... I don't think that was supposed to happen... was it?

jscheuer1
03-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Did you remember to upload the updated css? If so, try a few refreshes and/or clear your cache?

kirby101
03-29-2005, 09:27 PM
OOOO! Oopa, my bad... I uploaded the updated CSS to the wrong file... >_<

Again, thanks, you rock, and except for one picture, my website is DONE! BWAHAHA!