PDA

View Full Version : Encrypted Password script

the
07-01-2007, 01:13 PM
1) Script Title: Encrypted Password script

2) Script URL (on DD):http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/password.htm

3) Describe problem: i like this script but you can only have 1 login username and password
is there a way for it to do it automaticly like the one to register on this fourm and just get it to notify you who has made an account and ban someone if nessary

djr33
07-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Don't bother.

This script doesn't really protect anything. It just makes it hard to access. For a secure method, you need a server side script, such as one using PHP.
In addition to that, storing any information would require a server side language anyway, so there's no point in using a javascript password if you need to do things like notifications and banning

Twey
07-01-2007, 09:10 PM
This script doesn't really protect anything. It just makes it hard to access. For a secure method, you need a server side script, such as one using PHP.Not really. Obfuscation of the page name is really a server-side method; this script is just a front-end to this most basic of security features. Assuming the server is configured correctly, it's as effective as a simple PHP script asking for a single password.
3) Describe problem: i like this script but you can only have 1 login username and password This problem is solved by my version (http://www.twey.co.uk/?q=encpass), which really should have replaced this one by now.
is there a way for it to do it automaticly like the one to register on this fourm and just get it to notify you who has made an account and ban someone if nessaryNo. The measure of server-side security used by this script is handy, but not at all flexible, and it won't stretch to things like this. If you want a simple PHP/MySQL login script, I have one here (http://www.twey.co.uk/?q=loginscript).

the
07-02-2007, 03:48 PM
thx it has a small problem i was trying to use it and this is what came up just after copying and pasting it

this is all it comes up with
create table users (id int auto_increment, nick text, password text, email text, primary key(id));
Username:
Password:
Remember me?

Register

Error: User Doesn't Exist
The username/password combination you have entered is not in our database. Please check that you have entered your username and password correctly. If you have not yet registered, you may do so here.

> Username: > Password: > Email:

20) $errArr[0] = 'Username cannot be longer than 20 characters'; if(strlen($_POST['pass']) < 7) $errArr[1] = 'Password must be longer than 7 characters'; if(empty($errArr[2]) && !is_email($_POST['email'])) $errArr[2] = 'This is not a valid email address'; for($i = 0; $i < count($errArr); $i++) if(!empty($errArr[$i])) die(registerForm($valArr, $errArr)); $pass = md5($pass); // Actual registration mysql_query("insert into $userstable (nick, password, email) values ('$nick', '$pass', '$email');") or die(mysql_error()); login(); } function userExists($nick) { head('Error: User Already Exists'); ?>
Error: User Already Exists
The username "" already exists in our database. Please check that you have entered your username and password correctly.

Download

can you tell me if i dont something wrong how i change it to send details to my email if the user can do on even if i havent approved them and if they can register

thx for your help