PDA

View Full Version : position a javascipt menu on html page

Dragonfire
03-28-2005, 12:02 AM
I've been experimenting with more complex menus. I've created one that curves left as it goes down so I need to position it about 200px from the left page border. I can't figure out how to insert the menu at a particular spot on the page. The html page which is generated by the script always has the menu at the top left. How do I place it? There is something I'm not getting.
Thanks

jscheuer1
03-28-2005, 02:34 AM
Hard to say without seeing your page. I'd try:
style="position:relative;left:200px"as an attribute in the tag of the element containing the menu.

Dragonfire
03-28-2005, 04:40 AM
I don't know where to put that tag.
I have a web page, but don't know how to incorporate the .htm document that contains the menu. I'd like to be able to dissociate the code that controls the menu from the .htm it's in. I wish I could drop the menu into the page I have but it isn't a graphic.
I could start with the .htm page that contains the menu and build around it but I'd like to put the menu in a layer (I'm using Dreamweaver) so I can put graphics behind it.

Dragonfire
03-28-2005, 06:15 AM
I figured it out. Spent a few hours experimenting. Managed to figure out what was the essential code and put it in a table which I can then manipulate all sorts of ways. whew!