PDA

View Full Version : Time Images

westair
03-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Hi all, you guys are guru's, I am hoping you have an answer for this one. I have a site with flight schedules on it, is there a script to load an image according to the system time on a local machine from the website. I have a group of flights all timed to depart at odd times of the day, I would like an image with Departed pop up in a field next to the time if its that time of day. Could this be done or am I dreaming lol
Thanks guys.
Ray

jscheuer1
03-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Not here. DD does have countdown scripts that could either be modified for your purpose or at least be used to give a general idea as to how to access local time to perform a task like switching images. Particularly this script:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex6/dhtmlcount2.htm

If you are not comfortable doing this yourself with this information, I could probably write you a script but, it would be alot easier if I could see the page you want it on or, if you don't have one yet, if you could make one that has everything you would want except for this timing script (layout for the images any schedule data, especially the actual times for these flights, other scripts, if any, that you will be using on the final page, etc.) and put that page somewhere that I can see it and provide a link to it.

Also, would you consider, instead of an image saying departed, formatted text, something like:

Departed

in a box with perhaps a light brown or a yellow background?