PDA

View Full Version : HV Menu - Two Multiple Level Menus on the same page?

Luterin
06-27-2007, 01:42 PM
1) Script Title:
HV Menu

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
I've been using "HV Menu" on my old pages for some time and it's been working very well, but on my new pages that I am doing I would like to have two different "Multiple Level Menus" on the same page.

Both horizontal, one "bigger" at the top, and one smaller just below it. No frames , just a normal page.

I looked around on the main pages of Dynamic Drive but couldn't find any system that supported dual menus, but I might very well have missed something.

So if anyone knows an easy way to do this, I would appreciate any info.

It ofcourse doesn't matter if I have to use some different system than HV Menu.

StarrRider
06-27-2007, 09:03 PM
You probably did not notice the thread:
Important note: Two types of questions that we generally do NOT support (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320)

hehe - you managed to do both of them at once.

I use HV Menu and know that it will not work for you. The easiest solution would be to use another script for your second / smaller menu.

You could also replace HV Menu with another script that does allow multiple menus. Sorry - I don't know of one but there probably are some.

Luterin
06-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Hehe, yes, you are right, I had missed that thread, but the actual question isn't really on how to get HV Menu to work with dual menus, its rather if someone knows some script that would allow you to do it.

I know that "Blm Multi-level Effect menu" can do this, but its not very configurable when it comes to design. Like using pictures instead of text and other layout issues.

But if no one knows of some working script, then I guess I can try to combine HV Menu with something simpler (like perhaps the Blm one) for my smaller/easier second menu, but as the thread you linked mentions, its not always a neither fun nor good idea to try to combine 2 scripts, so I would prefer to avoid that, hence the question.

Thanks for your reply thou, and I still hope someone might have an idea about some other script that I might take a look about.

And perhaps I should just repost in the "non-DD script JS area" with the question on what I want to achieve instead, since the "HV Menu" part isn't really important. (and its a 3rd party product)