PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Rotate in CSS too?

makbeginner
06-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Hi all,

Considering the following script in the DHTML/Jscript part of DD:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxrotate.htm

Would anyone happen to know whether this is also available in CSS? The script above could work for my next project, where almost each day I have to add content to my website. However, the Ajax-script isn't that clear as to what it'll do when a month has 31 days. And besides that, I'm in love with CSS anyway :D so if this exists in CSS, I'd be happy if someone would point me out, where to stroll to... :)

Thanks in advance,
Michelle A. Kusters
Amsterdam

ddadmin
06-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Are you asking how to simulate the functionality of this script using CSS? Unfortunately that's not possible. CSS is for styling of elements on your page only, nothing beyond that.

However, the Ajax-script isn't that clear as to what it'll do when a month has 31 days.

The script does handle months with 31 days. When you define your list of files to show daily, just go up to 31 files:

var includefiles=["ajaxfiles/file.htm", "ajaxfiles/file2.htm", "ajaxfiles/file3.htm", "ajaxfiles/file4.htm", "ajaxfiles/file5.htm", "ajaxfiles/file6.htm", "ajaxfiles/file7.htm", .....]

makbeginner
06-25-2007, 02:36 AM
The script does handle months with 31 days. When you define your list of files to show daily, just go up to 31 files:

var includefiles=["ajaxfiles/file.htm", "ajaxfiles/file2.htm", "ajaxfiles/file3.htm", "ajaxfiles/file4.htm", "ajaxfiles/file5.htm", "ajaxfiles/file6.htm", "ajaxfiles/file7.htm", .....]

@DDAdmin: You are right about the first thing, but then again, I have seen people doing some quite amazing things with CSS :D

As to your 2nd answer: you seem to confirm what I thought but wasn't sure of: just use 31 days and I assume that this also applies to leap years. Thanks alot.

Michelle
A'dam