PDA

View Full Version : Forms and Modal Windows

Torin Mai
06-21-2007, 02:59 AM
1) Script Title: DHTML modal window

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/dhtmlmodal.htm

3) Describe problem: I'm using the modal windows for a very specific purpose: to hide some of the lengthier elements of a form. Most of the form is static, but the final part consists of creating an unspecified number of fields (in this case, each "field" is actually several input elements that combine to create a timeslot and it's name, but that's unimportant). I've tested my timeslot creating script in another window and it works perfectly. However, when I port it over and use it with the modal window, then submit the form, the form apparently "forgets" the form elements are there (the ones in the modal window that is).
This doesn't seem to make sense to me.
I'm using the div version of modal so the elements are (should) being put in a container that's in the form. The only that I've changed between my beta and this one is that the beta didn't make the div a modal window. Yet despite that the form elements in said window aren't getting submitted with everything else.

Any ideas on what I can do about this?

-mike