PDA

View Full Version : Images 'Jump' on Mouseover in Opera/Firefox

lbinchrist
06-20-2007, 11:16 PM
1) Script Title: Swiss Army Image Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/swissarmy/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I am wondering if anyone can assist me with a quirky problem I am having where my images in the slideshow appear to 'depress' when I mouseover them when they have a link associated with them. It doesn't happen in IE 6 but it does in Opera and Firefox. If I remove the hyperlink from the array list, it doesn't 'depress' onmouseover.

Do you think it is CSS related? Or is there yet another configuration I can use to fix this? I read all the forum posts related to this script and found no one else encountered this problem so I am thinking it might be user error on my part in how I have things aligned in my CSS.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
LB

jscheuer1
06-21-2007, 01:47 AM
I would need to see your page, as the third show on the demo page has linked images and these do not 'depress' in FF or Opera.

lbinchrist
06-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi John,

Thank you so much for responding to my request for help. The page is on a development machine at this point so I wasn't able to provide a link. I would have otherwise but, it turns out, it was CSS after all. I should have known it couldn't be your script. It is an awesome script and I thoroughly enjoy it. Just in case someone else has this issue, I found that some styles I had set for images for focus, hover, and active states for the purpose of accessibility were causing this border to form that I couldn't see due to the background colors being dark. It was user error on my part and I am sorry to have bothered you over this.

I have to give you credit that you have made this so easy for the average person to just plug this in and have it work right away. And, like many others have said, this is the first script I found that has great fading for all the major browsers. Good job!!!

Thanks again for everything. I hope you have a great day!

LB