PDA

View Full Version : Menu over IFrame not working with form elements

progresst
06-14-2007, 08:26 PM
1) Script Title: Drop Tab Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/droptabmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: I am using the menu found on DD directly above a <iframe> tag that is pulling in a page from the web. When I configure a drop down from the menu that happens to drop down over a form element found in the iframe, the form element pushes thru the drop down. I have enabled the "enableiframeshim: 1, //1 or 0, for true or false" in the .js file.

How do I fix?

Thanks in advance for your help!

jscheuer1
06-14-2007, 10:50 PM
That's pretty funny, what browser? IE 6 I bet. The iframe shim is only intended to cover selects on the same page. It is called an iframe shim because it uses an empty iframe placed behind the menu to allow it to appear over selects on the same page in IE 6 and less. Other browsers don't have this problem

Now, I didn't write this script, but I have done quite a bit of work with iframe shims. It never occurred to me that these would allow the menu to appear over an iframe on the page. If that is happening, what happens after that in IE 6, as far as content on the iframe's page goes, is a mystery to me.

If you can give us a link to your page I will look into it. Something might be able to be worked out.

However, in other browsers, the iframe shim is never used or required for selects so, in those browsers, your menu may not even be able to appear over the iframe in the first place.